HASC’s workforce initiative partner, Azusa Pacific University, or APU, is offering a perioperative RN specialty course this spring. The APU RN specialty course is available for any hospital in the region to prepare RNs transferring to a new position in perioperative nursing at their facility.
The 16-week course provides perioperative training that gives the novice operating room (OR) nurse the knowledge needed to provide safe patient care — with the practical training of a clinical preceptorship. The course runs on dates from Feb. 12 to June 4, 2022 —and a confirmed clinical site is needed to complete each enrollment.
- Online and face-to-face learning from an experienced OR nurse educator
- All course modules and texts and 1-year membership in AORN
- Class and skills lab at one of our convenient host hospital sites
- Precepted clinical experience (arranged in collaboration with the RN and hospital)
- 58 BRN-approved contact hours of CE credit + 41.7 contact hours from AORN for completion of Periop 101: A Core Curriculum™
- Required background check and health status tracker completion (additional fee for CastleBranch or Complio)
The course flier is attached. For more information, please contact Mary Lynne Knighten, APU perioperative course coordinator, at [email protected].
For additional information, please contact HASC Workforce Development Program Manager Lisa Mitchell. Thank you!