Designed for the registered nurse in a leadership role, the Charge Nurse Development Course facilitates the growth and development of nurses as unit leaders. Advanced leadership strategies, communication techniques, priority setting and conflict management will be discussed. Practice scenarios will be facilitated in group exercises.
Nurse leaders are invited to attend our live virtual training on June 23, 2022, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. PDT. Our expert speaker, Mark Kaliher, RN, Flex Ed, will discuss:
- Key managerial functions of charge nurses.
- How to assess patient care needs and match these needs with staff competence and ability.
- Managing conflict.
- The importance of relationship management skills in interdepartmental communication.
- Differences between managing and leading.
- Benefits of functioning as a team.
With any questions, contact HASC Education Specialist Sherita Rogers.