Azusa Pacific University (APU), a HASC workforce initiative partner, is offering a perioperative RN specialty course this fall. This session prepares operating room (OR) nurses and labor and delivery (L&D) nurses who need training to circulate for Cesarean deliveries. The course runs from September 17 through January 7, 2023, and is open to all hospitals in the region.
The RN course gives novice OR and L&D nurses the knowledge needed to provide safe patient care, along with the practical training of a clinical preceptorship. To enroll, students will need a confirmed clinical site and full COVID vaccination (including boosters, if eligible), which is required by our host hospital for skills sessions.
The course includes:
- Online and face-to-face learning from an experienced OR and L&D nurse educator
- All course modules and texts, along with a one-year membership in the Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN)
- Classes and skills labs at convenient host hospital sites
- Precepted clinical experience (arranged in collaboration with the RN and hospital)
- 58 BRN-approved contact hours of CE credit, plus 39.8 contact hours from AORN for completion of Periop 101: A Core Curriculum™
- Required background check and health status tracker completion (additional fee for CastleBranch or Complio)
More details are in the course flyer below. For any questions and to register, please contact Dr. Mary Lynne Knighten, APU perioperative course coordinator, at email@example.com.
For additional information, please contact Lisa Mitchell, HASC workforce development program manager (information at top right). Thank you!