Critical thinking is central to effective task management and decision-making in high-risk situations. In this online course, nurse leaders will learn how actively assessing and analyzing information can help them evaluate and improve their quality of thinking. Students will also study the key principles of, and barriers to, thinking critically. The course also explains how to apply critical thinking throughout the nursing process to help staff arrive at the best decision or conclusion.
- Express insight into analyzing, reasoning and evaluating problems.
- Explain intellectual standards.
- Recognize barriers to the application of critical thinking in nursing.
- Identify the application of critical thinking in nursing practice.
- Discuss feeling, vision and examination models.
Charge nurses looking to develop and strengthen their leadership skills.
Mark Kaliher, RN, has over 20 years of nursing experience, primarily in the emergency department, where he currently works as a charge nurse at Bear Valley Community Hospital in San Bernardino County. He has experience working with a variety of teams through many years of registry work and critical care transports. For the past 10 years, Kaliher has also been instructing courses through Flex Ed and HASC and has become one of their most requested instructors. Students report that he’s able to take complicated concepts and make them easy to understand. His experience as a charge nurse, combined with humor and a passion for nursing, make each course taught an enjoyable experience, they say.
$115 for HASC hospital members
$140 for non-acute stakeholders
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider No. 08593, for 8 contact hours.
Registrations received without BRN numbers will not receive CE certificates.
- Registration deadline: Oct. 12, 2022
- Valid payment information must be received with your registration.
- Make check payable to HASC and mail to: HASC, FILE 1361, Pasadena, CA 91199-1361.
- You may be photographed or videotaped at the event. HASC reserves the right to use these images and video in promotional, marketing, educational and other materials.
SPECIAL NEEDS OR QUESTIONS
For ADA assistance or general registration questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations received in writing by Oct. 12, 2022, will be subject to a $50 processing fee.
- We welcome substitutions.
- Refunds will not be granted after Oct. 12 or for no-shows. Fees are not transferable to other programs.
To attend this program, please register online using the green button above.
Alternately, you can fill out the registration form and mail it with a check (payable to HASC) to: HASC, FILE 1361, Pasadena, CA 91199-1361.
Download brochure with fillable registration form
For more information, contact: