Vituity is a national leader in acute psychiatry and virtual care services. We’re a physician-owned-and-led multispecialty partnership established in California in 1975. Through clinical excellence and business acumen, we help health care organizations raise the standard of patient care and improve performance metrics.
In addition to behavioral health, we also offer emergency medicine, hospital medicine, critical care, acute neurology and anesthesia solutions. Our 5,000 clinicians currently serve more than eight million patients annually at 450 practice locations nationally. We’re proud of our California health system partnerships, allowing us to care for over four million patients statewide each year.
Vituity Acute Psychiatry
Vituity aims to make high-quality, compassionate behavioral health care accessible to every hospital and community. Get to know our suite solutions:
- Telepsychiatry provides on-demand support for your emergency department, inpatient units, outpatient clinics, and all hospital areas.
- Psychiatric hospitalists offer expert management, clinical leadership, and staffing for inpatient behavioral health units.
- EmPATH is our nationally recognized emergency psychiatry solution developed by Scott Zeller, MD. EmPATH provides crisis stabilization treatment while reducing emergency department (ED) boarding and unnecessary admissions.
- Emergency Psychiatric Intervention is an award-winning program that equips ED clinicians and staff to effectively care for behavioral health patients.
Telepsychiatry Solutions for Every Hospital
Vituity’s flexible telepsychiatry program can be tailored to the needs of any hospital, community and patient population. Whether you’re looking for a full-service behavioral health solution or additional coverage to support your in-house programs, we can help. Choose block or on-demand scheduling — both provide 24/7 access to board-certified psychiatrists.
Benefits of Vituity Telepsychiatry
Vituity’s telepsychiatry program improves quality and saves money through:
- High-definition virtual interactions that support thorough diagnostic evaluation and fast, effective treatment.
- Timely access to emergency psychiatrists for initiation of therapies, discharge planning and admissions.
- Coordination of care between Vituity psychiatrists and onsite providers with shared decision-making.
- Improved ED throughput reduces boarding and frees up beds.
In a recent survey of Vituity’s Acute Psychiatry CEO clients:
- 100% were satisfied with Vituity’s overall performance
- 9.3 out of 10 would recommend Vituity to colleagues
- 95% planned to retain Vituity’s Acute Psychiatry services through the next year
Vituity Acute Psychiatry in the News
- Emergency Medicine News: Tackling the Behavioral Health Boarding Crisis
- ABC WSET: Centra Breaks Ground on Virginia’s First EmPATH Unit
- Bloomberg: Mental Health Crisis Leads Hospitals to Create a New Type of ER
- Star Tribune: St. Cloud Hospital Opens State’s Second EmPATH Unit for Mental Health Emergencies
- Kevin MD Podcast: A New Paradigm for Psychiatric Emergencies
- Patient-Focused Care Models Bridge Gaps in Psychiatric Care
- Vituity’s Emergency Psychiatry Team Recognized for Innovation in Suicide Prevention
Featuring Vituity’s Scott Zeller, MD
- The New Yorker: Reinventing the E.R. for America’s Mental-Health Crisis
- Psychiatric Times: A Year of 988: The First Step in a Long Journey
- Becker’s Healthcare: Emergency Psychiatric Care That Finally Works for Patients
- HealthAffairs Podcast: The EmPATH Way Forward
- The Washington Post: Virginia’s Mental Health Hospitals Must Be Restored (Opinion)
Senior Manager, Business Development
Director of Strategic Partnerships, HASC