HASC in collaboration with FutureSense LLC has released Southern California’s Health Care Workforce: Challenges, Approaches and Solutions – which reviews data collected by HR leaders in area hospitals on trends in hiring, recruitment, workforce planning, turnover and retention, training, and the physician shortage.
Key findings include:
- The number of Californians working in health care is expected to grow 23 percent by 2020.
- Over the next five years, nearly 150,000 health care openings will need to be filled in the Southern California region alone.
This paper’s goal is to help workforce development managers and others understand the pressing workforce issues and concerns of hospitals, as well as identify strategies to address them.
- News: HASC Releases Workforce Issues White Paper
- White Paper: Southern California’s Health Care Workforce: Challenges, Approaches and Solutions
- Fact Sheet: Southern California’s Health Care Workforce: Challenges, Approaches and Solutions (fact sheet)
For general program information, contact: