Thank You for Celebrating Our Hospital Heroes
The HASC staff is deeply grateful to everyone who joined us for the 2023 My SoCal Hospital Heroes Awards Gala on Nov. 3. It was truly a night to remember! To recapture the magic, we’ve put together a reel showcasing some of the Gala highlights and memories. We hope it allows you to relive the unforgettable evening we shared, and that it serves as a reminder of the incredible impact our Heroes have on their hospitals and communities.
Our heartfelt thanks go to all those who took the time to submit nominations, our dedicated planning team, and the selection committee, who had the challenge of naming the winners from among dozens of remarkable nominees. Most of all, thank you to all our hospital employees — the inspiration and reason for this event. Your hard work and commitment, 24/7, 365 days a year, do not go unnoticed!
As we look toward to the future, we’re happy to announce that preparations for next year are already in full swing. Please check our web page, https://hasc.org/heroes/, for updates and ways to get involved with the 2024 My SoCal Hospital Heroes Awards campaign.
Should you have any feedback, ideas, or suggestions for the planning committee, we’d love to hear from you — please email us at [email protected]. Once again, thank you for being a part of this very special event!
Congratulations to Our 2023 Heroes!
HASC is thrilled to announce the 2023 My SoCal Hospital Heroes! The selection committee had a difficult time narrowing down the finalists from among so many outstanding employees, but, at last, here are this year’s awardees. Many congratulations to:
- Amelia Grover, Dignity Health Marian Regional Medical Center
- Aziz Zaouadi, Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance
- Chico Manning, PIH Health
- Cindy Baker-Fox, Children’s Hospital Orange County
- Judy Bravo, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center
- Kirk Hylton, City of Hope
- Lorenz Sumbong, Kaiser Permanente Orange County
- Lydia Kreil, Dignity Health St. John’s Regional Medical Center
- Michael Majich, Arrowhead Regional Medical Center
- Minah Jackson, Loma Linda University Health
- Paul Cancio, Cedars-Sinai
- Rachel Villanueva, MLK Community Healthcare
- Tierra Mallory-Sanchez, Southwest Healthcare Rancho Springs Hospital
Learn more about these remarkable employees in the event tribute journal. We’re so proud to have you all within the HASC membership. Your dedication, innovation and compassion set a shining example for all of us.
Awards and Gala Information
The My SoCal Hospital Heroes Awards aim to highlight the outstanding work of hospital staff, day in and day out. The awards recognize heroes from among member hospitals in HASC’s six-county region (LA, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, Santa Barbara and Ventura). Planning will begin soon for the 2024 awards campaign. Check back in the coming months for details!
Thank you to these generous sponsors for making the 2023 My SoCal Hospital Heroes Awards Gala possible!
For any questions about the awards process or gala, please contact Devani Hubbard.