Nursing and human resources leaders: Azusa Pacific University (APU) will open registration in March for its Summer 2023 perioperative registered nurse (RN) specialty course. Taking place May 13 to Aug. 26, this course can help you fill specialized nursing positions by preparing high-performing and newly licensed RNs for operating room (OR) and labor and delivery (L&D) positions circulating for Cesarean deliveries.
This 16-week course will provide the perioperative skills needed for new OR and L&D nurses to provide safe patient care. along with the hands-on learning of a clinical preceptorship. For enrolling applicants, APU requires a confirmed clinical site and our host hospital requires full COVID vaccination (including booster, if eligible) for skills sessions.
The course includes:
- Online and face-to-face learning from an experienced OR and L&D nurse educator
- Access to all Periop 101: A Core Curriculum™ course modules, checklists, videos, textbooks and materials and one-year membership in the Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN)
- Materials (including name tags and books) mailed to your home and disposable scrubs/booties/caps provided for skills sessions
- Convenient virtual classes and skills lab sessions at one of our host hospital sites
- Precepted clinical experience (arranged in collaboration with the RN and hospital)
- 58 BRN-approved contact hours of CE credit from APU and 39.8 contact hours from AORN for curriculum completion
- Coordinated enrollment
- Required background check and health status tracker completion (additional fee for CastleBranch or Complio)
View the course flyer for more details. To register or for any questions, please contact Mary Lynne Knighten, APU perioperative course coordinator, at [email protected].