HASC, in partnership with the South Bay Workforce Investment Board and local academic institutions, is pleased to announce two new apprenticeship opportunities for certified nursing assistants (CNAs) and clinical laboratory scientists (CLSs).
Apprenticeships are career pathways that provide individuals paid work experience and classroom instruction through a nationally recognized apprenticeship from the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) and pending registration from the California Division of Apprenticeship Standards (DAS). Upon completion of training, graduates receive a certificate of apprenticeship, representing an important milestone in attaining improved skills and competencies that can boost career advancement opportunities.
Hospitals also benefit in many ways from the apprenticeship model, which provides hands-on training and mentorship as follows:
- Creates a steady pipeline of workers into your organization.
- Ensures apprentices are trained to the employer’s standards.
- Decreases turnover and reduces the high cost of contract labor and overtime.
- Improves productivity and shortens the amount of time before new employees are productive.
- Supports recruitment and retention because apprentices agree to stay the term of the apprenticeship and receive completion certificates from the U.S. DOL and California DAS upon completion.
- Pays employers $2,725 per apprentice to offset training costs
If you are interested in learning more about these apprenticeships, please contact Soyinka Allen, workforce development program director, at [email protected] or (213) 538-0722.