Post-hospital health care services for homeless patients
What process does your hospital have to discharge homeless patients? What are the costs for services you currently use for post-hospitalization care? HASC and National Health Foundation’s (NHF) Recuperative Care programs provide post-hospital health care services to homeless patients transitioning out of an acute care hospital.
- Limits unnecessary hospital days (averaging $2,000/day)
- Ongoing training for existing and newly appointed hospital staff
- Basic medical oversight and custodial care for patients
- A clean and safe environment for an average of 10 days in order to recover
- Connection to social services and transitional or permanent housing programs
How it Works
Patients transitioning out of acute care complete a Hospital to Homeless Service Provider Referral form linking patients to a community agency and after care services. Referrals can only be submitted by case managers and discharge planners from participating hospitals in Los Angeles County and Orange County.
For more information, please contact Elizabeth Yang.