The Healthcare Benefits Alliance offers hospitals and health systems access to group insurance coverage designed exclusively for the health care industry.
Instead of competing with existing brokers, HBA welcomes existing brokers to the program. Based in Denver, the firm covers over 960 health care entities and 1 million employees for group life, group short term disability, long term disability, reinsurance, prescription drug programs and other group benefits.
Its strength and scale creates opportunities for hospitals to increase purchasing power, balance risk, simplify administration and control expenses.
- Higher tolerable loss ratio, equating to a 7% to 20% decrease off of current rates.
- Extended rate guarantees.
- Higher guarantee issue limits and variable benefit designs.
- Leverage of a large pool size, over 960 health care entities participating.
- Unique relationship with six participating carriers, all providing the parameters of HBA as listed.
- Dedicated alliance national service team.
Director of Strategic Partnerships, HASC