HASC’s workforce initiative partner Azusa Pacific University (APU) is offering a perioperative RN specialty course this summer. New this semester, the course prepares Labor and Delivery nurses who need training to circulate for Cesarean deliveries. The APU RN Specialty course is available for any hospital in the region.
This 16-week course provides perioperative training that gives novice Operating Room and Labor and Delivery nurses the knowledge needed to provide safe patient care – with the practical training of a clinical preceptorship. The course runs from May 14 through August 27. To enroll in this course, a confirmed clinical site will be needed and a full COVID vaccination (including booster, if eligible) is required by our host hospital for skills sessions.
- Online and face-to-face learning from an experienced OR and L&D nurse educator
- All course modules and texts and 1-year membership in AORN
- Class and skills lab at one of our convenient host hospital sites
- Precepted clinical experience (arranged in collaboration with the RN and hospital)
- 58 BRN-approved contact hours of CE credit + 39.8 contact hours from AORN for completion of Periop 101: A Core Curriculum™
- Required background check and health status tracker completion (additional fee for CastleBranch or Complio)
The course flyer is attached. To register, or for more information, please contact Mary Lynne Knighten, APU perioperative course coordinator, at [email protected].
For additional information, please contact Soyinka Allen, HASC workforce development program director.