HASC, in partnership with the South Bay Workforce Investment Board (SBWIB) and local academic institutions, is pleased to again present the certified nursing assistant (CNA) apprenticeship training program.
Apprenticeships are career pathways that provide individuals with industry-vetted, paid work experience. These nationally recognized programs are approved by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) and pending registration from the California Division of Apprenticeship Standards (DAS).
Hospitals benefit in many ways from the apprenticeship model:
- Creates a steady pipeline of workers into your organization.
- Ensures apprentices are trained to your standards.
- Decreases turnover and reduces the high cost of contract labor and overtime.
- Improves productivity and shortens the amount of time before new employees are productive.
- Supports recruitment and retention because apprentices agree to stay for the full apprenticeship term to receive DOL and DAS completion certificates.
- Pays employers $2,725 per apprentice to offset training costs.
Candidates should have completed their CNA coursework and passed the state-required exam prior to entering the apprenticeship. Upon completing this training, graduates receive a certificate of apprenticeship, representing an important milestone in improving skills and competencies that can boost career advancement.
If you are interested in learning more about this apprenticeship training, please contact Deborah Shepard, Special Projects Career Pathways, SBWIB, [email protected], or Soyinka Allen, Workforce Development Program Director, HASC, [email protected] or (213) 538-0722.