Critical thinking is central to effective task management and decision-making in high-risk situations. In this class, nurse leaders will learn how actively assessing and analyzing information can help them evaluate and improve their quality of thinking. Key principles of and barriers to critical thinking will be studied. The course also explains how to apply this thinking throughout the nursing process to help staff arrive at appropriate decisions.
This course is presented by Flex Ed and could be offered by your hospital in the future. If your hospital is a Flex Ed client, check with your organization to learn about future offerings that may be at no charge to you. If you wish to continue registration at this point, HASC will offer a discount. If you’re unsure whether your hospital is a Flex Ed client, please click here.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define critical thinking.
- Apply ways of analyzing, reasoning and evaluating problems.
- Explain intellectual standards.
- Discuss the feeling, vision and examination models.
- Recognize barriers to thinking critically in nursing practice.
- Identify opportunities for applying critical thinking in nursing practice.
Mark Kaliher, RN
Mark Kaliher has over 20 years of nursing experience, primarily in the emergency department. He currently works as a charge nurse at Bear Valley Community Hospital in San Bernardino County. Kaliher has experience working with a variety of teams through many years of registry work and critical care transports. For the past 10 years, he has also led courses through FlexEd and HASC, becoming one of their most requested instructors. Students consistently say he’s able to take complicated concepts and make them easy to understand. His humor and passion for nursing make each course an enjoyable experience.
$150 for HASC hospital members
$175 for non-acute stakeholders
Continuing Education Signup:
BRN Credit: Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider No. 08593, for 4 contact hours. Registrants received without BRN numbers will not receive CE certificates.
- Registration deadline: October 11, 2023.
- Valid payment information must be received with your registration.
- Make check payable and mail to: HASC — LEAD Academy, FILE 1361, Pasadena, CA 91199-1361.
- You may be photographed or videotaped at the event. HASC reserves the right to use these images and videos in promotional, educational and other materials.
SPECIAL NEEDS or QUESTIONS
For ADA assistance or general registration questions, contact Sherita Rogers, [email protected] or (213) 538-0767.
- Cancellations received in writing up to received in writing by October 11, 2023, will be subject to a $50 processing fee.
- We welcome substitutions.
- Refunds will not be granted after Oct. 11 or for no shows. Fees are not transferrable to other programs.
To register for this program, please use the green button above.
Alternately, you can download and fill out the brochure registration form, print it and mail with a check (payable to HASC) to: HASC, FILE 1361, Pasadena, CA 91199-1361.
Download brochure with fillable registration form